Sustainable in Sedona
The Wilde Resort and Spa is committed to our land, air and water by inspiring a balance of experiential enjoyment and a high level awareness of how the Sedona experience impacts the natural environment, the economy and the community. We know that what we practice and what we inspire our guests to practice matters.
Our sustainable tourism efforts are built on three pillars:
- Eco Tourism - A niche segment of tourism in natural areas
- Sustainable Tourism - This is not a specific type of tourism, rather an aspiration for the impact of all forms of tourism to be sustainable for generations to come.
- Responsible Travel - This is a term referring to the behavior and style of individual travelers.
The behaviors align with making a positive impact to the destination rather than negative ones.
At The Wilde Resort and Spa our current efforts include:
- Xeriscape Landscaping is a type of landscape that reduces or eliminates water
- International Dark Sky Community
- Low Water Flow Toilets, Facets and Shower Heads
- Trail Keeper Sponsorship commitment to help maintain trails in our national and state forest
- Electricity Credits where all of our electricity in 2002 and moving forward in 2023 is supported by Renewable Energy
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Elimination/Reduction of Plastic Disposables – Water Bottles, Straws, Utensils
- Recycle of Waste
- Save The World Use Soap Collection and Recycle
- Donation of Guestroom Linen & Terry
- On Property Work Force Housing Units
- Tread Lightly
- Sedona Pledge
- Secret 7 Promotion
The Wilde Resort and Spa is fortunate to call Sedona home and to be part of a wonderful community that offers diverse opportunities to get involved and donate time and or treasure. Below are organizations that where we support and practice Wilde Generosity via financial support, in kind trade and / or volunteer work.
Organizations & Events In Which We Donate
- Red Rock Trail Fund
- Sedona Historical Society and History Museum
- Sedona Mountain Bike Festival
Organizations or Events That We Support In Kind
- Sedona Film Festival
- Tilted Earth
- Toys for Tots
Community Service & Volunteering
- Stewards of Sedona
- Friends of Verde River
- Sedona Historical Society
- US Forest Service – Trail Maintenance